Soup-Er Snack Mix Recipe
FROM LOIS FLACK
CYBEREALM BBS 3157861120
1/3 cup popcorn (unpopped)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup butter
3 tbsp light corn syrup
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp vanilla
2 cup pecans
1. Pop the corn, removing the unpopped kernels.
2. Butter a large baking pan and spread the popcorn in the pan.
3. Sprinkle the nuts over the popcorn.
4. Put butter in a large saucepan and melt over low heat so butter
5. Add brown sugar and corn syrup and cook to boiling for 4-5
6. Remove pan from heat and stir in baking soda and vanilla.
7. Pour over popcorn and nuts, stirring to coat.
8. Bake at 300øF for 10 minutes, stir and bake 10 minutes more.
9. Cool completely.
Source: Family magazine - Jan. 1994
Typed for you by Lois Flack, CYBEREALM BBS, Watertown, NY.
to Stew Recipes
Food Tips of the Week
Weight loss hints and tips
In planning a meal plan, the most important step is to make efforts to lower your intake of fat, salt and refined carbohydrates.
Some lower carbohydrate diet pointers:
* It is possible to make wonderful smoothies by using reduced carb yogurt.
Ok, well, you can't really call it cooking, but if you really love smoothies you can throw them together with low carb yogurt and fruit. Of course, you should ensure you use fruit that is low in carbohydrates and use the whole fruit as the fiber will help.
Superfoods containing carotenes
(includes parsley, mangos and tomato ketchup)
These fruits and vegetables are rich in alpha-carotene and beta-carotene believed by nutritionalists to play a major part in helping prevent cancer, spefically cancer of the stomach and lesophagus. A good number also help you lose weight, so are ideal for including in your weight loss program.
Soup-Er Snack Mix Recipe from the Recipes 4U Collection
You can now save money on over-priced recipe books or costly dining in swanky dining establishments, just find and print the recipe of your choice and start preparing a good meal to amaze your friends in the convenience of your own home