Soup-Er Snack Mix Recipe
FROM LOIS FLACK
CYBEREALM BBS 3157861120
1/3 cup popcorn (unpopped)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup butter
3 tbsp light corn syrup
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp vanilla
2 cup pecans
1. Pop the corn, removing the unpopped kernels.
2. Butter a large baking pan and spread the popcorn in the pan.
3. Sprinkle the nuts over the popcorn.
4. Put butter in a large saucepan and melt over low heat so butter
5. Add brown sugar and corn syrup and cook to boiling for 4-5
6. Remove pan from heat and stir in baking soda and vanilla.
7. Pour over popcorn and nuts, stirring to coat.
8. Bake at 300øF for 10 minutes, stir and bake 10 minutes more.
9. Cool completely.
Source: Family magazine - Jan. 1994
Typed for you by Lois Flack, CYBEREALM BBS, Watertown, NY.
to Stew Recipes
Food Tips of the Week
Dieting made easy
As an alternative to focusing on the junk foods you ought to eliminate from your dietary regime, direct your attention to the sensible foods that you might want to introduce to your daily routine. If you are able to inject the recommended portions healthy fruit & vegetables into your meal plan, you will discover that stop feeling hungry and have a far lower chance of being seduced by those damaging mid-morning potato chips.
Some lower carb diet pointers:
* Make reduced carb breadcrumbs for deep fried foods.
Although you can probably buy reduced carbohydrate bread crumbs, you can also make them by using reduced carbohydrate bread. All you have to do is toast the reduced carbohydrate bread in a gas or electric oven on a cookie sheet. Once it is hard, whizz it in the food processor using a coarse blade. Keep in an airtight container.
* Make great smoothies by using reduced carb yogurt.
Yes, itís not technically cooking, but if you adore smoothies you can make them with reduced carb yogurt and your favorite fruit. Clearly, you will need to make sure you only make use of fruit that is low in carbohydrates and use all of the fruit as the fiber is important too.
Cruciferous vegetables, Superfoods that help with Dieting
(includes Broccoli, Celery, Collard greens and Rutabaga)
These cruciferous vegetables are jam-packed with vitamins (folate and vitamin c, for example), minerals (eg. potassium), fibre, chlorophyll and antioxidents.
Over and above their most other great health properties, the vitamins and nutrients in these are believed by scientists to reduce the risk of cancer.
Soup-Er Snack Mix Recipe from the Recipes 4U Collection
You can now save money on over-priced recipe books or costly dining in swanky dining establishments, just find and print the recipe of your choice and start preparing a good meal to amaze your friends in the convenience of your own home