Ananas A La Creme (Cream-Filled Pineapple) Recipe
2 cup milk
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup flour
1/8 teasp. salt
5 egg yolks, beaten
1/4 teasp. vanilla extract
1. Start heating oven to 425ø F. Cut off top of 1 large ripe
pineapple. With knife and spoon, cut out pineapple meat from inside,
leaving 1/2"-thick shell.
2. From pineapple meat, cut off core; then cut into thin slices; in
saucepan, simmer with 1/4 cup granulated sugar 5 min. Drain well.
3. Now, into pineapple shell, spoon Creme Patissiere* and drained
pineapple in layers, until shell is filled, ending with Creme
Patissiere. Toss 2 tablesp. macaroon crumbs with 2 teasp. melted
butter or margarine; sprinkle over top. (Save any leftover creme and
fruit for next day's lunch.)
4. Bake pineapple 25 min. or until golden. Serve hot. Makes 4
1. In double boiler, heat cream.
2. Combine sugar, flour, and salt. Add to egg yolks; beat until
3. Stir some of hot cream mixture into egg yolks; mix well. Stir egg
mixture into the remaining cream mixture in double boiler.
4. Cook over hot water, stirring constantly, about 15 min. or until
mixture is thickened and coats spoon. Remove from heat.
5. Add vanilla; cover surface with waxed paper; refrigerate overnight.
to Fruit Recipes
Food Tips of the Week
If you wish to become slim and boost your all round health, then, as any dietician will tell you, you really should eat a thoughtfully calculated sensible daily routine. At best, this should include five measures of grains and vegetables each day and also incorporate the right mix of important nutrients.
Some reduced carb diet guidlines:
* Replace sugar with a low carb substitute such as splenda.
Most recipes that require sugar can be changed to use splenda instead. It doesn't weigh the same so you will need to experiment a little and it may not work for every recipe, but it does bake up nice most of the time.
Foods rich in flavonoids
(inlcudes lettuce, asparagus, scarlet runner bean & cayenne)
The nutrients known as flavonoids found in these natural foods are believed to be good in fighting cancer.
Researchers studying the medical effects of flavonoids believe that they may well also have numerous health benefits, including antiviral and anti-platelet capabilities.
Most also have a low calorie count, so are ideal for including in your diet system.
Ananas A La Creme (Cream-Filled Pineapple) Recipe - more fine recipes from Recipes 4U
You no longer need waste money on high-priced recipe cooking books or pricey dining in swanky dining establishments, all you have to do is search out & print the recipe that you have chosen and start preparing good food to delight your friends in the convenience of your own home