Bruce's Favorite Caesar Salad Recipe
1 head of romaine lettuce
1 tin of anchovy filets
1 tbsp fresh ground black pepper
4 cl garlic
1 egg yolk-use extra large egg
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
3/4 cup olive oil
1 red wine vinegar
1 fresh grated parmesan
1 tbsp prepared hot mustard
3 dash tobasco sauce
1/2 lb bacon
1) Cook the bacon until very crisp. Set aside and allow to drain on
2) Place egg in a glass of warm water and set aside until it reaches
temperature (10-15 minutes).
3) Crush the garlic in a large wooden bowl. Add the anchovies and
into a pulpy mass. Mix with black pepper.
4) Add mustard, worcestershire sauce and tobasco. Separate the egg,
the yolk. If you can't find any extra large eggs then 2 small eggs
fine. Stir in each of these ingredients thoroughly as you add each
5) SLOWLY add the oil from the anchovy tin, using a french whisk to
6) SLOWLY add olive oil, rapidly whipping until you get a thick
may have to vary the amount of oil to achieve this (at least 3/4
7) Squeeze in some red wine vinegar to taste. Once around the bowl is
8) Squeeze in one lemon for the juice, again to taste.
9) Just before serving, add the lettuce, croutons, crushed bacon and
parmesan cheese. Toss Thoroughly.
The trick to this is the dressing should be quite thick before adding
the red wine vinegar and lemon juice.
You may want to add more garlic, tobasco, worcestershire, mustard
depending on how spicy you like your Caesar Salad. From the kitchen
of Bruce and
Peggy Travers, Cyberealm BBS Watertown NY 315-786-1120
Brought to you from Ron's Recipe Database <email@example.com>
Submitted By RONAMIT@NETVISION.NET.IL (RON AMIT) On SAT, 24 JUN 1995
to Salad Recipes
Food Tips of the Week
A few tips on healthy eating
In planning a diet, the important thing is to also endeavour to restrict your ingestion of refined carbohydrates, salt and fats.
Some lower carb diet pointers:
* Make reduced carb breadcrumbs for deep fried foods.
Although you can probably buy reduced carbohydrate bread crumbs, you can also make them by using reduced carbohydrate bread. All you have to do is toast the reduced carbohydrate bread in a gas or electric oven on a cookie sheet. Once it is hard, whizz it in the food processor using a coarse blade. Keep in an airtight container.
* Make great smoothies by using reduced carb yogurt.
Yes, itís not technically cooking, but if you adore smoothies you can make them with reduced carb yogurt and your favorite fruit. Clearly, you will need to make sure you only make use of fruit that is low in carbohydrates and use all of the fruit as the fiber is important too.
Superfoods rich in flavonoids
(inlcudes lettuce, asparagus, soy & thyme)
The compounds known as flavonoids which are present in these fruits and vegetables are thought to have properties as cancer fighters.
Doctors looking into the medical effects of flavonoids believe they could also have numerous healthy properties, amongst them, anti-viral and antioxidant powers.
A good number are also low in calories, so should be included in your diet system.
Bruce's Favorite Caesar Salad Recipe - Recipes 4u
You can now stop spending your hard earned cash on expensive recipe books or overpriced nights out in over-priced restaurants, all you have to do is find & print the recipe that fits your mood and you will soon be preparing good food to delight your family in the comfort of your own kitchen